Thursday, January 9, 2014

Introduction


Hello,

I am a graduating student at Eastern Michigan University with a major in Aviation Management Technology.  I am looking to find a job within airport management but don't have any specific companies in mind at his time.  I plan to use this class and semester to look more in depth to find a location or airport I would ultimately like to be employed with.

I got interested in aviation a couple years back when my dad started working towards getting his private pilots license.  I started flying a little at a small flight school, while taking college classes and it became more interesting to me each flight.  Before I knew it I was taking ground classes and got my private pilots license.  I continued flying to go on and get my private pilot instrument rating after that.

I find that the management side of aviation interests me more than the flight side.  After meeting with a few airport managers throughout my education process and going on a tour at Detroit Metro.  I would like to work for either an airport authority or possibly the airline.  I enjoy management and the business side of things.  My parents had their own manufacturing business that I had the opportunity to see how it operated.  Being around this business and seeing the management side of things has given me more of an interest in management and business operations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment